Frequently Asked Questions

Why do I need a geotechnical engineer for my building site?

In order to adhere to building standards and regulations, you require a geotechnical engineer to test the ground of the building site in addition to advising on the foundations and footing needed for that particular building in order to sustain the building’s structure and integrity.

What sort of engineering services do you offer?

Pacific Geotech offers all inclusive geotechnical engineering services starting from the initial sit-down consultation through to the drilling for the footings and laying the foundations.
Our services include:

  1. Site investigation and assessment,
  1. Foundation Engineering
  1. Construction inspections
  1. Field Services
  1. Laboratory Services
  1. Assessment and reporting

Are you able to service commercial sites as well as residential sites?

Yes. Pacific Geotech has experience across all sectors including private sectors and public building sectors. Our engineers are qualified and experienced for testing, assessing and reporting on residential projects, industrial buildings, high-rises, commercial sites, bridge structures and all other construction.

Does Pacific Geotech provide field services?

We pride ourselves on being the one-stop shop when it comes to providing our clients with the full service involved with geotechnical engineering which includes field services. Our company can offer access to experienced operators with an extensive range of geotechnical drilling rigs available to undertake geotechnical projects and investigations of any size.

Where are you based and are you available on building sites anywhere in Australia?

Our head office is based on the Gold Coast and we have operators and engineers based throughout the country to service our clients no matter how big or small the project.